Code of conduct for directors and senior management executives
It has been long pursued policy and commitment of Superhouse Limited to
adhere to highest standards of integrity – professional and financial –
and business ethics in the operation of its business. We believe that
this organization has been handed to us by the various stakeholders in
"trust” and we as professional managers are the "trustees" of those
stakeholders. It is therefore our responsibility to ensure that the
organization is managed in a manner that protects and furthers the
interests of our stakeholders.
The Code of Conduct shall apply to :
- all Directors of the Company, whether executive or non-executive.
all executives of the Company from the rank of General Manager and
- all executives of the Company, reporting directly to
the Chairman and Managing Director irrespective of their grade.
All Directors and Senior Management Executives:
Conflict of Interest
- shall avoid
situations in which their personal interest could conflict with
that of the Company.
- shall disclose to the
appropriate authority/board all cases of Conflict of Interest or
potential Conflict of Interest between the person and the
- shall neither directly or indirectly, give any
official favors for personal purposes nor spend any money of the
Company for personal purposes.
Confidentiality / Publicity
respect the confidentiality of data made available to them from
time to time. Such respect for confidentiality shall also
continue after such person ceases to hold office as Director or
serve the organization.
- shall not give any statement detrimental to
the interest of the Company to the press or any other form of
- Legal Compliance
adhere to the Insider Trading Code of the Company.
- shall take every reasonable step to ensure
adherence to the laws of the land.
- Gender Friendly Environment
- shall help promote equality of gender, class and
caste in so far as the same relates to the activities of the
- shall encourage women employees to report any
harassment concerns and be responsive to any complaints of
harassment or other unwelcome and offensive conduct.
- shall in their decisions respect the necessity
of protecting the environment consistently with the need of
- Cost Consciousness
- shall exercise their responsibilities with
utmost cost consciousness within the organization and shall
promote the same.
- shall not use any facility of the Company for
their personal use except when such facility has been provided
for personal use by policy or specific permission.
Transparency and Accountability
- shall be transparent in all their dealings except in cases
where the needs of business security dictate otherwise and shall
hold themselves accountable to the appropriate authority/body.
- Dealings with People in the
- shall practice and encourage the spirit of
productive debate and discussion among the employees and with
the Board as the situation may warrant.
- shall not show disrespect to their superior
officers or to the authority of the Board.
- shall not engage in misinformation,
disinformation or personal vilification or victimization of any
employee or stakeholder.
- shall uphold the values of trust, teamwork,
mutuality and collaboration, meritocracy, objectivity,
self-respect and human dignity.
Relationship with Suppliers and Customers
- shall never compromise with the interest of the
company in all their dealings with suppliers and customers.
- shall not accept gifts and presents or receive
gratuitous or other payments or treatments from suppliers or
customers which could lead to compromising the Company’s
- a. shall at all times make an endeavor to attend
such meetings /occasions including Board and Committee meetings
as are required of the person for the benefit, growth and
development of the Company.
- shall dedicate sufficient time, energy and
attention to the Company to ensure diligent performance and be
aware of and seek to fulfill his or her duties and
responsibilities as set forth in the Company’s Memorandum &
Articles of Association and Corporate Governance Guidelines.
- shall not use abusive or offensive language at
the workplace or any such location connected to official
- shall not illegally withhold any property or
documents of the Company and should ensure protection of the
same at all times.
- shall not knowingly suppress a material fact,
which can be detrimental to the interest of the Company, from
the appropriate authority/body.
- shall not make any statement, verify any return
or form, containing any particulars, knowing it to be false.
- shall practice a conduct of giving highest
respect to humans and human values and must promote the same
This code of conduct shall also be placed on the website of the
For employees of the Company ‘appropriate authority’ means the
designated reporting authority of the executive, or the Chairman and
Managing Director of the Company if he is the designated reporting
authority of the executive concerned. In case of members of the board,
the appropriate authority shall be the Board of Directors and in
exceptional cases, the Chairman and Managing Director of the company.
No Right Created
This Directors’ Code set forth guidelines for conduct for the Board of
Directors and Senior Management Executives. It is not intended to nor
does it create any right in favor of any Director or Senior Management
Executive, client, supplier, customer, shareholder, or any other person
Any waiver of any provision of this Code of Conduct for a director,
senior management executive must be placed for approval before the Board